Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Odin's Day

11/23/2005

Short day after work- but I got errands to do after, hope there’s not that much traffic and people…wanna get the Aeon Flux box set…

Anyway, my play list for today:

Alphaville: Forever Young- a lot better than I expected from a one hit wonder band, I really like Dark Angel and the Jet Set

Macross Plus Movie Soundtrack- if you had a gun to my head I’d have to say this is my favourite movie…and the music is a big part of it. Usually in movies when a character is required to be a singer the songs made for the movie are usually crap…but this is a great exception. The movie has everything: a compelling storyline, a tangled love triangle, action, great visuals and giant robots…I wanna watch it again…

New Order: the live disc from the boxed set- their box set is not as definitive as the Joy Division boxed set, however it’s way less gloomy. Some great live versions here…one of these days New Order will put on a proper US tour again…

The Cure: Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss me- an awesome album albeit a little schizoid…how the hell do you book end a song like Torture with two uppity singles? I’ve known people who bought the album just for JLH and then get horrified by the first song…definitely not a first album for new Cure listeners…but a great mix of who the Cure are…

VNV Nation: Future Perfect- took me a while to actually like this album, but like all their stuff I totally love…I didn’t actually really like VNV (and the songs on this album) until I saw their Live DVD- which totally blew me away an made me watch it everyday for several days in a row…hope for great things to happen to this band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home