Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Actually hung out with friends this weekend...

Big Louie was once lost in China...and apparently mistaken for the Buddha...

02/21/2006

I love three day weekends…those should be mandatory…they give you enough time to recuperate from the week and enough time to forget about work and actually maybe catch up with the rest of your life and even have fun without worrying about anything else.

Reminders of home this past weekend- Big Louie was in town and finally was able to hang out with fellow So-Cal expatriate Andie. They’re cool people. Big Louie and his brother, for example- first of all, they’re clones and about the biggest people I’ve ever met (and I’ve run into Shaq- these guys could spit him out for breakfast). But they’re also some of the smartest people I know and one of the few people I know who do not mind going to a book store. And Andie’s just cool people- I love talking to well traveled people. So many stories, so many different points of view.

Finally sampled the Sixth Street nightlife…kinda. Walked up and down the streets, went to a bar or two and got drunk like crazy (or not). It was nice to catch up with old friends and nice to share stories with another person who did the crazy drive from So Cal to here. Didn’t get all homesick like I thought I would…but fond memories of home did come by. It was a nice change of pace…

More reminders of home? Last night’s 24- DAMMIT! Short clips of the Northridge Fashion Center, Mayall Street- which was just behind my old apartment and mention of the 118 and 5 freeways. Sigh…other than that last night’s episode kicked ass. Too bad Nick Knight didn’t last longer. Lynn McGill and Chloe say DAMMIT! Lynn McGill’s slow and eventual breakdown. Russian Assignations. Crazy sisters. Jack bringing down a helicopter with his tiny gun. President Logan…and who is the (other) insider in the White House? I say it’s Sandrine Holt…but it could be Mike Novick…

5 STARS!

Also finally saw Mirrormask this past weekend too. Totally awesome movie- but I’m biased as Neil Gaiman is my favorite writer and Dave McKean is the artist I would most like to be. The kind of movie that inspires you to go out and do something.

10 STARS!

Oh well…anyway, Big Louie- you’re welcome in Austin anytime and Andie- we’ll hang out more often…it was cool to hang out with you guys.

________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home