Friday, February 17, 2006

How do I sleep when my bed keeps burning?

The Beautiful Chibi From the Birthday Massacre
So now what?

Short story contest came and went- guess I had too much imagination for them…oh well.

Another potentially icy couple of days coming up. Wonder if it’ll be as bad as last time- at least it’s the weekend…but who knows...

SXSW is coming up…I’ve heard of this for years. Not 100% sure if I’m going to get a wristband for the music festival yet or not…some great bands, but either they’re playing at the same time or they come on at 1am.

Morrissey? I was thinking about it but Echo and the Bunnymen are playing at the same time and for free.

I’ve been listening almost non-stop to The Birthday Massacre- a Canadian band I found on a Metropolis Records sampler. The last time I fell in love with a band like this was with VNV Nation. These guys are good. I was worried about the nu-metal guitars but it kinda fades away and is overpowered by the synths and the beautiful vocals of the unfortunately named Chibi. She’s hot too by the way. Their album Violet is wonderfully short- about 45 minutes in length. There are a couple of short instrumentals and the songs go from dark melodies not unlike Switchblade Symphony all the way to upbeat 80’s inspired poppy. I’m thinking I’d better get a second copy because I’m going to wear this one out…

They are playing SXSW but are also playing San Antonio the night before…undecided as to where I would prefer to see them; hopefully neither venue is sold out by the time I decide.

Also got their self-released DVD. It’s totally awesome as well.

Their second album better come fast.

New job at work- one that actually forces me to use my college degree and do some writing and thinking- I still think I’m a bit under-qualified but hopefully I’ll learn the ropes quick.

Marathoning seasons 1, 2 & 3 of ST: DS9 with Holly. I used to watch this show semi-regularly when it was on the air and is still my favorite Star Trek show. We’ve seen season 4, 7, 6, 5 (in that order) & now the first three. Interesting to see stand alone episodes when story arcs are so popular on TV nowadays. But in the second season’s hints of the Dominion are totally awesome. Little do they know what’s coming to them…

Bettie Page movie coming in April…can’t wait to see that one…


________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home