Thursday, November 30, 2006

Stupid Weather

November 30, 2006

It is supposed to drop thirty degrees this week and they are threatening a freeze. I just hope I do not find my car encased in ice again.

I may have mentioned this before, but I find it odd that there so much Superman at home. Besides the comics (there are a few, not a lot, I only recently finally added one of his titles to my list at the comic book store and mostly because Adam Kubert is drawing, but nonetheless the comics are there), there are the shows. Holly has all the Smallvilles and Lois & Clarks, I have the Bruce Timm animated show (not to mention the Justice Leagues), the Max Fleisher shorts and the good Christopher Reeve movies. Then I got the Bryan Singer film the other day (I refuse to get the Richard Pryor one or the one with the Nuclear Man, although I may break down and get the non-Richard Donner Superman II eventually). I also have an old weathered shirt with the S-Shield on it (I am looking for a new one) and the John Williams theme on my computer. And I saw John Williams conduct a suite from the movies at the Hollywood Bowl which was totally awesome.

I also wear glasses (mostly because I hate touching my eyeballs to put in lenses and secretly because no one recognizes me without them just like the Man of Tomorrow- seriously, no one recognizes me). As a kid, I tried to force my hair into that s-curl and yes, the towel as a cape.

There is just something about the Last Son of Krypton.

By the way, a real life Rimbaldi Device has been found (or had been found, they had known of the thing for at lest a hundred years). Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/science/nature/6191462.stm

Technically though, this predated the fictional genius. And it is more proof that the fall of the Roman Empire set civilization back at least a thousand years. Yes, I know the thing is actually Greek, but the statement remains. An analog computer from way back when. We could have had flying cars by now.

_______________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/
http://catterpillarboy.livejournal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home