Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Be Water, my friends...

Now, for something happier than pet deaths, how about something from my main man Bruce:

"Water is an example of wholeness without form; it can fill any container, and yet it is substance without shape. Because it is formless, it permeates all.... Water can flow, and it can crash!"

Ah…..be water my friends, be water…

The new National Geographic has an article (excerpt at: http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0512/feature4/index.html) about the rise of Buddhist beliefs in daily American society…I’ve only read the excerpt myself (gotta get the mag) but it really sounds awesome…one thing I love about Buddhism is that it can be more about a way of living rather and coping with the daily struggle. No wars (that I know of) have been fought over Buddhist beliefs…can’t really say that for any other religion…

I also honestly believe that attachment is the source of all pain and suffering in this world…there’s a lot you can say about it even in just of the context of the current war on terror…although I also believe that the right balance of attachment can be a source of strength…my attachment to Holly is a source of strenght that keeps me going from one day to the next- lets me know I’m working and living for a Better Tomorrow (bad ass John Woo movie by the way)…but if I’m not too careful- it can turn to a Fatal Attractions thing…if you know what I mean…

Wouldn’t mind going to India one of these days to walk the lands that Buddha once did…speaking of which, there’s a movie out there called THE CUP that’s worth tracking down if you can…it’s about Tibetan Monks that live in exile in northern India and their young prodigies as they try to fight their very earthly desire to watch the soccer World Cup…based on a true story yo…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home