Wednesday, December 07, 2005

DVD Shopping

12/07/2005

Happy News today from Mel- look at previous post.

Now, time for more of my bitching and moaning- It’s still too freaking cold. Let’s all sing it together now- I’M NOT WISHING FOR A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s supposed to be below freezing by 7pm tonight.

AI YAH!

Went DVD shopping yesterday after work- one of those days that have more releases that I want than money to spend…anyway- what I did get:

24 Season 4- My favourite show at the moment. The 4th season seems to be a pretty good primer on the series with the show totally changing course ever 6 eps or so. It also kicked ass- the first show I watched an entire season off while it was on the air. Totally nail biting and addictive. Love all the ‘DAMMIT’s, Chloe’s inability to interact with people (love the ep that ended with her and a gun), BHEEROOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, evil Chinese, Agent Castle (the Punisher!), the ep with the campers, various torture scenes, and the ending invoking the Hulk TV show. Saw the Season 5 prequel last night- way better that the Season 4 one…and there’s an awesome techo remix of the theme song there too as well. Love, Love this show…

Fantastic Four- not a perfect movie but a very good try. Doom was way off character, Reed was bland, the Invisible Woman was just eye candy, The Thing was great until the end when he became off character was well, however the Human Torch was spot on. Hoping that the sequel begins with rocks and fire in the sky, a bald guy with a giant head, the Surfer and ends with a glorious world saving battle with a giant guy in a purple suit. Galactus is the best FF Villain ever (sorry Doom). Now, either that or a movie with giant Kirby monsters- love to see a live action Fin Fang Foom.

Clone Wars Volume 2: Actually watched this too last night- like a good Star wars movie it had me rooting for some peripheral characters, particularly the Hammerhead Jedi & the 4-eyed Jedi that were with Shak-Ti. You knew both had to die- but their valiant effort in saving Palpatine made me wish that they had made it into the live version. I wonder if all Hammerheads can do the yelling thing or if his was force enhanced…

Muppet Christmas Carroll: Never seen this movie- hope I’m not disappointed. Old friend from high school Mike Micelli used to play the old guys from the Muppets and would crack me up. I collaborated with him on a one-act play in high school that brings back fond memories…

Lilo & Stitch- I had a $5 off coupon if I got it from Costco and I like this movie and especially the way they made the movie. The character designs are totally awesome and I love, love, love the watercolor backgrounds. I was never really good with watercolor- I’m not patient enough and I’m not really a fan of working with brushes.

What I didn’t get:

Gargoyles Season 2 & Batman: Animated Series Season 4: I couldn’t find Gargoyles and I’m willing to wait for the Batman one. Fond memories of both shows- love the enlarged mythology of Gargoyles and can’t wait to watch the Hunter episodes again…as for Batman, this is the season with the new streamlined designs and where the skies are yellow at night and red at night. Love the design on this show (Bruce Timm is a genius- now how about working on a Marvel Toon?)

Today’s Play List:

Unicorn- Apoptygma Bezerk

Flock of Seagulls Remixes

Punk Goes 80’s

Asian Grooves

The 24 Soundtrack

Retro- KMFDM

Best of Bowie

Disidencia Inquerantable- Hocico

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home