Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'd take my Face...off...

11/30/2005

Got my Yes Asia order yesterday (thanks Holly!) with the Myth, Dragons Forever, Project A & Skyline Cruisers…disappointed to see that the copy of Dragons has no English subtitles…damn it…well, at least I get to see Jackie and that Filipino guy (Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez) go at it again…some of the kids at Casa used to call me Jackie Chan- which at first bugged me, but I came to the realization that these kids probably had no previous extended interaction with an slanty eyed person before…hopefully I didn’t taint it for others they come across in the future…plus, hey Jackie is cool…

Saw BONES again last night again- less emphasis on the science and more on Bones and her past as well as Court Drama stuff…I really like this show- I hope in the future the shows focuses more on the science aspect as well as the quirky characters (and that they don’t jump the shark and get the two leads romantically involved- in fact that’s what I liked about last night’s show…that Agent Booth (aka Angel) didn’t get all jealousy when Bones’ ex showed up…)


Today’s Play List:

Isn’t she Still…- Pretty In Pink Soundtrack tribute: was this ever released? The copy I got was a promo and I’ve never seen it in stores…maybe I can eBay it for mucho dineros

Kung Fu Hustle Soundtrack:

Cowboy Bebop Movie Soundtrack:

Faith- The Cure: If I ever commit suicide, this will be playing in the background

Future Perfect- VNV Nation:

From www.comicon.com/thepulse re: superheroes’ religions:

# Batman (Bruce Wayne) - Catholic
# Superman (Clark Kent/Kal-El) - raised Protestant (in some versions prior to 1986, he worshipped Kryptonian god Rao, which was explicitly addressed beginning in mid-1980s)
# Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - Protestant
# Wonder Woman (Princess Diana aka Diana Prince) - Greco-Roman classical religion
# Captain Marvel (Billy Batson, published by Fawcett, then DC) - Greco-Roman classical religion
# Daredevil (Matt Murdock) - Catholic
# Captain America (Steve Rogers) - Protestant
# Elektra (Elektra Natchios) - Greek Orthodox (clearly depicted at the funeral of her father in the 2004 movie; according to some sources she is depicted as Catholic in the comics)
# Wolvertine (Logan, of the X-Men) - atheist
# The Punisher (Frank Castle) - Catholic (former Catholic seminary student)
# Robin/Nightwing (Dick Grayson) - Christianity (practicing, but specific denomination not unclear; Nightwing comics have shown both Catholic and Evangelical Protestant books, music)


Chat with Brian Wood @ http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6254
I love this guy’s work…indie and damn proud of it.

Remembering Pat Morita @ http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/29/opinion/29tue4.html?emc=eta1. I’d like to add that they also use James Wong in the same stereotypical roles Mr Miyagi had…and that Rob Schneider is half a Fob- but that’s no excuse- he still plays ethnic caricatures…

Learn more about Kathy Reichs- the chick who the show BONES is based on at http://www.kathyreichs.com/biography.htm . She seems like cool people.

Face/Off is my favourite American John Woo Film- now life imitates art in the first human face transplant: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4484728.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home