Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday yet again...sigh...

11/28/2005

Welcome back- the Thanksgiving weekend is over and we are officially in the Holiday Season…yeah…the weekend was okay- like I said before, four day weekends should be the norm- or at least three…what I did this weekend:

1) Was lazy…
2) Watched the BBC comedies of Alan Partridge and Nick Frost’s Danger 50000 Volts. Very Funny…I don’t usually buy comedies because it’s never as funny the second time around- not sure how many times I’m gonna re-watch these, but at least I can say I saw them and they were worth getting
3) Saw the first half of BBC’s Tinker Tailor Sailor Spy- very slow paced as I expected but good…a very different spy drama from what I’m used to
4) Went to some early morning sales violating the Buy Nothing Day thing…but I didn’t buy much (not that I had loads of money to buy anyway…). Got the 1st season of the Shield, Aeon Flux and some comics…
5) Read the comics I bought- Ed Brubaker’s Captain America (the hardcover and the run up to the latest issue) and the 1st volume of Young Avengers. Both were very good although the Captain America story was way darker than I expected…but I have a long affection to Cap- my dad used to keep a pic of me in his wallet wearing the costume and I used to make cardboard shields…

Other things of note:

Pat Morita passed away…we shared the same birth date…fond memories of the first Karate Kid- used to try the Daniel-San stance from the end of the movie and kicked my sister in the head once doing so…she recovered…I think

This is the last season of Alias as many expected…how do I want the show to end? With a multitude of costumes, seeking a scientist in a dance club, a huge battle with Rimbaldi himself with Sydney of course winning in the end collapsing from exhaustion and waking up in a strange ‘village’ on an island facing a small fat bearded man in a round chair as she asks, “Who are You?”

His Response? “For now…you are Number Six.”

Fade to Black.

Also finally finished watching Enterprise this weekend (I have the 3rd & 4th seasons…avoiding the first two). Better than expected and the show died when it was starting to be really good…would have loved to see the fifth season with Shran as a member of the crew and stories of the bumpless and less honor bound Klingons…

Thing about Maggie Cheung at http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10217694/site/newsweek/ .
Maggie Kicks ass. The article is mostly about her ‘serous’ movie career but she was in some really awesome action movies as well. If you can check out the Green Snake. She’s the highlight of the movie. Too bad she wasn’t in more English speaking movies as she has a dead sexy British accent.

Finally (for now) check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4474316.stm. Bruce Lee Statues in eastern Europe. I think I’ve mentioned it before…in a land of conflict and scars of war, the one thing that the dividing groups (Serb, Croat & Muslim) find common ground in is a little guy named Bruce Lee. It’s awesome I tells ya…when I was in Hong Kong I came across a wax statue of Bruce that they said was life sized. If it was, dude, he was smaller than me (I’m 5’4 and 120 lbs).

Bruce is the king…very rock n’ roll- lived fast and died young.

That’s it for now…more later…maybe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home