Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate"

October 18, 2006

"Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate"

I think it is coming to about a year since I started a bloggy type thing. About a hundred or so people have looked at the one at blogspot (although some of that is me looking for comments people may have left, usually it is just Big Louie) and I have had about 650 looky loos at my Myspace page (although none probably read the blog portion). A huge prize by the way if you are the 666th. Probably I will put curse on them. Or well wishes from me. Not that I would know how you were the 666th, anyway.

Either way, I am probably going to cut down the number of posts (not that many people would miss me writing something once a week). I would like to maybe write more short stories and use this space to put it out. Who knows, maybe I will write something eventually that I will feel confident enough to submit to something (and if you are by some miracle a loyal long time reader of mine, you will realize I said the same thing a year ago although with the house on the horizon, I will have more time and significantly less money to go gallivanting, so it is to the magnificent place that is my imagination that I go).

In the meanwhile, I would like to congratulate my cousin, Kathy on the birth of her new bouncing baby boy. I forget the name, but it was not a name Gwen picked (I think) and it is definitely not as horrid as the name my sister picked for her kid. Kathy is as much a sister to me as my real sisters are and I hope your kid grows up to be president someday or something like that.

In the real world, Iceland is continuing its intention to resume whaling. As the most famous Icelander out there, why have we not heard yet from Bjork (I am probably not looking hard enough)? Jackie Chan has been known to do public service announcements to help prevent the slaughter of sharks and tigers, so where is the little pixie? Stoopid celebrities aside, I still cannot believe they are continuing with the killing of cetaceans. Now, if they did it old school style with ten men in tiny boats lobbing spears at them I would not care as much. That way they have a fighting chance (and the beasts could get mad and just topple them). But, no, it is sooper harpoons where it is pretty much point and shoot and there you go- whale burgers.

Bastards, all of them.

Then there is whatever Uncle Kim is up to on NoKo. Can someone tell him that he is giving Asians the world over a bad name and not just Koreans? Most of the world cannot tell us apart anyway, so can you just quit it already?

Ass.

Continuing our run through the X-Files stand alone episodes. Skipped a bunch in the third season because Holly does not want to watch stuff about serial killers. But came across the Darin Morgan episodes, particularly the one with Peter Boyle and the one about cockroaches. This guy’s writing is good, great even- I wonder whatever happened to him? I am partly surprised that he did not end up as part of Mutant Enemy.

________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home