Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm calling this period of my life the New Ice Age

12/09/2005

Didn’t go to work yesterday- the car was an igloo, roads were slick with ice and the news just kept reporting car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident after car accident…well you get the idea.

My past bitching and moaning about ice on my car…that was nothing compared to yesterday- the ice I found previously was just a light frosting. The car was covered in a clear layer of ice about a quarter of an inch at its thickest. Holly’s car doors were frozen shut. I tried about an hour to chip the ice off but gave up since it was just taking too long and cuz it was just too cold. There were icicles hanging from my car!

Holly took pictures and we’ll post them as soon as we get them developed (we’re traditionalists when it comes to cameras).

So, at 11am, after trying, freezing and getting intimidated at all the news reports of car accidents, traffic delays aplenty- I gave up called work and said screw it. I’m staying home. So took a hot shower, went back to bed and watched movies and wrote X-mas cards the rest of the day.

The warmest it got the past two days was in the low 30’s- just above freezing. There was still ice on my car this morning as I left for work.

I miss So Cal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home