Thursday, January 19, 2006

LIVIN' IN THE 80'S...


They're just noodles, Michael...just noodles

Some favourite quotes of mine:

“If I had the chance, I’d ask the world to dance…”

“That’s great kid, now don’t get cocky!”

“Trapped in a state of imaginary grace…”

Today’s breakfast of champions: 3 slices of bacon, chorizo with eggs and IFC root beer….mmmm….good stuff…

Well, today is a state holiday in Texas and an optional-work day at my office. It’s called a skeleton crew day and the hours worked today go towards as extra PTO hours (so no time and a half). It’s Confederate Heroes Day…which as I’ve mentioned before is odd to have in the same week as MLK’s birthday. Wonder who came up with this day and if the choice of the date is no coincidence.

Report at http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=5724 of a movie wonderfully titled ‘How Soon is Now’ about a guy who goes back to 1985 to fix the three worst days of his life. After the Wedding Singer, there were other movies celebrating the 80’s that were never released or never made. The Wedding Singer is my fave Adam Sandler movie- not because of him- but due to the 80’s subject matter and a decent story. But the best movies about the 80’s were movies made during that era. Nothing beats the John Hughes flicks.

Speaking of the 80’s: Four out of Five 80’s tribute compilations will include a cover of Modern English’s ‘I Melt With You’. I brought five 80’s tribute comps with me to work with me today and the only one that didn’t have that song was a tribute to the Pretty in Pink soundtrack. Bands that covered that song are Mest, Bowling for Soup, Sugarcult and Good Riddance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home