Monday, January 09, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday...

Picture I took when I visited Lantau Island- Holly's mom lent us her gigital camera and I just went nuts taking pictures of everthing. Seeing this huge guy is a high point of the trip to HK...

01/09/2006

And just like that, the weekend’s over…dammit…if I were in charge, three day weekends would be mandatory…

I think I had my first dose of Cedar Fever this weekend- felt like crap Friday and for most of Saturday…felt mostly weak and had no appetite. Feel slightly better today but in no mood whatsoever to be at work…but oh, well- like I keep telling myself: if cedar fever is the worst thing to happen to me this year, then so be it.

Some homesickness this weekend mostly in part to watching some PBS shows on Death Valley and JPL (along with seeing a car with a KROQ sticker this morning on the way to work…). Holly and I went to Death Valley last spring to see the once-in-a-lifetime bloom over there and I tell ya, it was worth it…when she scans the pics I will post them. As for JPL, I went to the last three open houses they had over there and would have gone every year if I still lived in So Cal (maybe I’ll still go this year who knows?)- It’s a free event and really worth going to and it’s not just for geeks although it helps…

Aside from the ice day a month ago- this has been the warmest winter I’ve experienced since living next to the equator when I was a young fob. Of course, that could still change but it’s been dry, windy and just plain sucky. They have burn bans everywhere and a state wide alert against brush fires (I’d say forest fires- but I have yet to see an actual forest in Texas).

Did I mention yet how I’m in o mood to do any actual work today? I wanna go home…I haven’t been as sick this much EVER…since moving to Texas I have been sick approximately once every six weeks.

So it’s been approximately 2 years since my trip to Hong Kong, a trip with the designation of BEST. VACATION. EVER. I love my HK films and a trip to their homeland just made me giddy…cool that Holly’s folks still lived there so we didn’t have to pay extravagant amounts for a hotel or shack up in a Chungking Mansion. Plus her folks’ balcony had the most perfect view of the South China Sea. Holly says our next trip should be elsewhere (I’d love to see the Great Wall of China or go to the Wave Gotik Festival in Germany which VNV Nation is playing at this year) but I wouldn’t mind another trip to HK to see that beautiful skyline, the Big Buddha at Po Lin, see the view from the Peak and of course, to go DVD shopping there again…it’s the most interesting place I’ve ever been in with a million different sights, smells and personalities. And did I mention they make great movies there? (Side note: extra giddiness for me when I was there was to see the third Infernal Affairs movie in an actual HK theater there…and then seeing the bootleg later that day!)

From Dark Horizons re: my favourite show which returns this coming Sunday: Producers of Fox TV's "24" have begun plotting a film franchise for main character Jack Bauer reports Entertainment Weekly.Actor Kiefer Sutherland is keen - "It can be an amazing series of movies. One of the things I've experienced making this show is that an audience can handle a lot more than we thought when we started -- the tension, the anxiety.... If we could [compress] all the energy we spread over 24 hours of programming and put that into 2, I think we'd knock your socks off".Meanwhile TV Guide reports that Elisha Cuthbert has agreed to reprise her role as Kim Bauer in a multi-episode arc in the 7th-10th episodes of the upcoming fifth season of "24". Cuthbert didn't appear last season, her character off living with her husband Chase (James Badge Dale). The character of Chase will not be returning.

The Return of Kim…mmm…Kimmie….wonder how far behind the cougars are…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home