Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Humped

My Biological dad saying hi...

Here in Austin they see it as hometown pride as UT goes back to the Rose Bowl to face USC…I see it as my old home vs. my new home. I not a sports fan at all but I hope USC kicks their ass so hard that they can taste their insides…

Go So Cal…

Also- there was light traffic on the way home yesterday- only took me 25 minutes (versus the usual 45-hour commute) to get home and it wasn’t stop and go…if it were like this all the time, I’d like the city a lot more…

Some things I forgot:

Re: King Kong- one thing that bugged me while watching the movie? When the giant ape initially held Ann in his arms she gets shaken a lot. This may be a case of over thinking- but her neck should have been broken- hell, she get shaken so violently that her head should have popped off.

Re: Best of 2005
Forgot to mention Battlestar Galactica as also one of my favourite shows of the year. It’s a show that gets no respect in mainstream media- but that’s fine with me. It’s gritty, bound with realism and with a sense of desperation overshadowing everything as the characters try to escape an overwhelming threat. It’s fun to watch- though not too many in one sitting- it can get very intense and comic relief is there but it still doesn’t overpower the overall gloomy atmosphere.

Interesting recommendations from YesAsia.com where I get my HK DVD’s nowadays: http://us.yesasia.com/en/mc/-/O92ov85207/featureArticle.aspx/articleId-54/section-videos/code-c/version-all/ . Interested in seeing Aegis although acting that would make Bruce Willis or Steven Segal proud should NOT be a selling point…

Sad story re: the legendary Four Star Theater in San Francisco at http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/article.asp?parentid=35943. I never went there but I’ve always heard about it and after I started loving HK films (after 1999) always wanted to see a show there. I mean this year they showed A Chinese Ghost Story there- They should have places like this theater in every town (but Austin doesn’t even have a China Town…but at least the Alamo has some great selections now and then)…hope they overcome their woes and are able to stay…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it only takes 20 hours one way- wait...yes a round trip would take that long...

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home