Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mini Trailerthon

Maggie Q- wonders what she left behind...or wonders her behind...whatever...

Oh, yeah- one thing I forgot to talk about since I saw King Kong this weekend was the one thing I love about seeing movies in the theaters- TRAILERS! But of course, prior to the trailers came like two hours of ads you usually see on TV. However, they did have an extended version of Pepsi’s x-mas polar bear ad- which I liked- the others were just crap.

Anyway…

MI: III- looks pretty bleah…MI2 had moments of brilliance but I consider it John Woo’s worst film (although I hear it was not his final cut- a director’s cut of MI2 should be interesting to watch…poor Dougray Scott- you could have been a headliner by now!)…I’ll eventually see this for two reasons: JJ Abrams and Maggie Q. The Cruise apparently chose him as a director after seeing the first two seasons of Alias- and I’d agree with him- they’re pretty good, the best actually of Alias’ run. One wonders what would happen if the Cruise decided to watch 24 or BBC’s Spooks instead…as for Maggie Q- another HK actress tries out for Hollywood- hope this works out for you…she’s been in some ‘interesting’ movies- they’re not actually great films, but Naked Weapon is a guilty pleasure of mine…just stay away from Gen-Y Cops.

Miami Vice: It actually looks good. I have no fond memories of the TV show, but this looks to be a serious crime drama albeit in a sensationalistic setting (hence the title). This might be the best TV-to-Movie interpretation as of yet…

The Da Vinci Code: I don’t know about this one- I never bothered with the book. Instant literary blockbusters never really gelled with me- especially one so…Christian.
Christian Myth is an interesting topic- especially when you get to the bits in between the pages of the bible- like what happened to Chuy during the missing years, if he had siblings and was Magdalene really his lover? Maybe I’ll rent it when it comes to DVD.

Some Movie with Clive Owen, Denzel and Jodie Foster: Forgot the title already. And Denzel really should just go Madonna and just go by his first name. But this looks to be another crime/thriller with some really good actors. Clive really should have been the next Bond- but happily he doesn’t need to…personally I think the Bond Franchise should lay low until the war on terror is over. Cartoon Terrorists just aren’t as interesting anymore. And Jodie is just the most adorable MILF out there (doesn’t hurt that she has a passing resemblance to Holly). I really dug Contact- mostly due to her performance (assisted by my interest in astronomy). She’s been doing thrillers lately- but then again, her most famous role was in a thriller. Good for her that like Clive, she doesn’t have to be Clarice just to have a career…

There were more trailers- but after 4 hours of trailers, I was about to scream SHOW US THE STUPID MONKEY ALREADY!

That and I have short term memory…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home