Monday, January 02, 2006

Yo JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always remember: "Knowing Is Half The Battle!"
Well, Happy New Year again…today I am at work whilst 60% of the city/country has the day off…oh, well…I still can’t believe that 2005 is over- just seems that I just have so much to do that had to be taken care of last year but for the life of I can’t remember what it is that I had to do…

Just stayed in over the weekend and read while Holly did a Gilmore Girls marathon (she watched seasons 2 & 3)…decent show- I’d never watch it on my own although trying to keep track of all the pop-culture references is fun…some definitely annoying characters- if I were given a chance to write for it, I’d give Kirk and Taylor horrible, horrible deaths…

And it’s raining on the Rose Parade…I miss Pasadena- they have some cool used book stores and record stores down past Colorado Boulevard…

Review of the proposed script for the GI JOE live action movie at http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=118 . A smaller core group of Joes is a cool idea especially if they hint that the team is actually bigger so we can still have cameos from other favourites…My core group is: Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Quick-Kick, Road Block & First Aid with a secondary team consisting of Flint, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Gung-ho, Stalker and Rock & Roll…and damn, there’s a million others that I wanna see as well. For the higher-ups you gotta have General Hawk but I’d also add Beachead as well as the namesake of the team General Joe Colton…

Bad Guys? Cool to see Destro as the main baddie (with Cobra Commander as the up and comer) along with the Baroness and Storm Shadow. I’d also add Major Bludd and Firefly just for the hell of it…the script seems to carry the spirit of things pretty well and if this story sticks-I’d love the hell out it. Slight worries making Cobra Commander and Duke being childhood pals- love Larry Hama’s origin that the Commander was an all-American businessman screwed by the system…but hey- you can’t have everything.

Should I geek out and give my dream cast? Yes- lets:

Duke- Viggo or Chow Yun Fat or Keifer Sutherland
Scarlett- Jennifer Gardner
Snake Eyes- They who played Darth Maul (Ray Park?)
Quick-Kick- Jason Scott Lee
Roadblock- Ving Rhames
First Aid- The Black guy from CSI
Flint- Hugh Jackman or Bruce Campbell (he could play Beachhead too)
Lady Jaye- Eliza Dushku
Hawk- Tom Selleck

Destro- Michael Clarke Duncan
The Baroness- Angelina Jolie
Snake Eyes- Donnie Yen
Major Bludd- James Marsters
Cobra Commander- Gary Oldman (lazy pick I know...too bad Chris Latta passed away- we could have just used his voice)

Now, all we need is a script for the Transformers Movie…

They played the Cure’s If Only Tonight We Could Sleep during the Flashback Lunch…totally awesome selection by the guest DJ…KROQ used to play album tracks whenever the Cure had a new album…

The official description for the new season of 24: Day 5: A year after the most dangerous nuclear terrorist threat in history which left the country shattered, Jack has settled in Bakersfield where he's been pursuing a normal life with a single mother whose son becomes suspicious of Jack's past, and begins asking too many questions. Meanwhile ex-President David Palmer comes across information that a member of President Logan's administration may have other allegiances, just as Logan and the Russian President signs a controversial peace treaty. All hell breaks loose as a dangerous hit squad have targeted Chloe, Jack and others in their sights...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home