Monday, March 06, 2006

Jeg Heter Jose...or something...

03/06/2006

Jeg heter du?

Dude, I just spoke to you in Norwegian. Holly’s part Viking- so I have to assimilate to her ways. I’m undergoing DNA therapy to grow my hair red, and I have a helmet at the metal shop waiting to be picked up. She’s also teaching me how to pillage properly. YARG!

We went to UT’s open house this weekend and were the oldest people there who weren’t on their school’s field trip or bringing their kids to view the college. There were some cool things- all the departments were open and showing their stuff. We went to the geology department (Holly loves her rocks) and saw the students practicing how to cut gems (they were practicing on quartz). They also had some cool fossils including a pterosaur’s arm/wing.

We went again to the Harry Ransom Center- an art gallery that’s part of their campus- and got caricatures done and viewed alternate photographic techniques. I remember making my own pin-hole camera in high-school and drew the Punisher all around it because the teacher told us to decorate it.

There were classroom demonstrations, most of the ones we wanted to go to either were being held at the same time and/or they changed the schedule on us. There was a Klingon demonstration that I wanted to go to where they used the fictional language to show the basic concepts of language.

Qa’Pla!

Yes- I’m a Star Trek Nerd. I both save money and spent too much money and bought ST: TNG Season Two yesterday and watched the first three episodes. Funny how I remembered all three from when they aired eighteen years ago.

Anyway- the only one Holly and I went to was the ‘How to speak Norwegian’ one. And it was pretty cool. Although it was interesting that some of the kids in the audience didn’t know what a ‘Norway’ is.

Oh, well…

Finally went to the last major mall (that I know of0 in Austin. A higher up mall with a good middle-eastern fast food joint. Happy to see that there’s a MAC store there. I need to save money to buy an external DVD drive so I can finally install a newer OS (I still run on OS 9.1) and also more memory. Probably in a billion years.

It’s been warmer lately. No more ice days I guess. Which I’m happy about. However, now we have to get ready for the hundred degree days. AI YAH. It’s nice to be able to wear shorts again though. You know you’ve missed my sexy legs. The thing about Texas, though, is that people tend to over-refrigerate their areas. It’s freezing right now at work.

Wallace & Gromit won the oscar. That’s crackin’! Miyazaki already won one (personally- I think Howl’s Moving Castle is the better movie- but you just can’t deny the charm of Wallace & Gromit) and Tim Burton’s movies works best as the cult favorites that they are. Other that that, I didn’t really watch or care for the Oscars.

They’ve reported that Claire Danes is going to be in Matthew Vaughn’s movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Stardust. Not the person I would thought of to be in the role but cool nonetheless. She was awesome in that Romeo & Juliette movie but I remember back in the day when she pissed off the Filipinos when she said the Philippines was gross. Anyway, I hope they reference the Charles Vess artwork quite a bit, I love the book. I still have to see Layer Cake though…


________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy

http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home