Monday, May 08, 2006

What Does Asian Mean to you?

May 8, 2006

WHAT DOES ASIAN MEAN TO YOU?

NAME: Joe R
LOCATION: Austin, TX
DESCRIBE YOURSELF: Spiky haired, skinny Filipino dude

Do you think of yourself as Asian?
Yes

Why or why not?
Because it’s part of who I am today.

Do your parents?
It’s be funny if they did not

When was the first time you referred to yourself as "Asian"?
I have always seen myself as Asian

Stream of consciousness: What ideas immediately come to mind when you think of the word Asian?
HONG KONG!

What does Asian taste like?
Yummy

What does Asian look like?
Bad Ass!

What is Asian good at and bad at?
???

What's the most Asian thing you've ever done?
Umm…I like to eat with chopsticks from time to time?

Who's the most Asian person you know?
My Cousin’s Grandmother

Why?
Her Igorot Tribal Tattoos

Do you think you need to be born Asian to be Asian?
It’s kinda funny to look at the white men with the extreme yellow fetishes

If you're Asian, how do you feel when you see someone who's not Asian aspiring to be Asian--flattered, or embarrassed, both, or neither?
If they’re being respectful- I guess I can be flattered. But I have met people who think they are more Asian than anybody and flaunt it.

Forty years from now, do you think people will be using the term Asian? Why or why not?
Yes. Unless they change the name of the place to Bad Ass Continent. Then you can refer to me as a Bad Ass Continental American



________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you should totally show up and hang ount with your (very Distant) cousins...

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home