Thursday, May 04, 2006

VNV Emails


Quatro de Mayo, 2006

Everyone knows me as a Cure Fan. I love the Cure. But they have not come out with anything in a while, although their theme song to the French cartoon Dragonhunters is pretty damn swell. It is a perfect Cure song in that it is short, sweet with a bit of sadness attached to it.

So in the void between Cure releases I am a big fan of EBM, electrobeat, electronic, industrial or whatever you want to call it music. The hard-stomping music that requires you to wear boots to dance to. No, not cowboy boots, those black ones you use to kick people’s heads in. I like KMFDM, Wumpscut, Apoptygma Berzerk, Wolfshiem and I am still finding out about new ones like Covenant (who are not that old but I just got their first CD), Rotersand and others (and there’s also the Birthday Massacre- who are a mix of the darker genres of music actually)

And I love VNV Nation.

They kick ass.

It is as simple as that.

If the Cure and VNV Nation were engaged in a battle to the death for the fate of the free world, I would not know who to root for.

Plus the singer and songwriter for VNV Nation Ronan Harris occasionally responds to your emails.

For example, I sent the following to him on Tuesday:

Would you know when the AFI and Mindless Self Indulgence singles come out? I know the AFI album comes out June 6th but not really being a fan of them I'm not sure about single release dates. THANKS!

And he responded the next day with:

Hi,

I've no info from either record company about the releases. The best
and only way to find out is to check with Metropolis's website (for
MSI) and Interscope for AFI.

best wishes,
Ronan

And I responded with:

Thanks for the info- I have checked up on those sites and found no info. I’ll sure it'll pop up eventually.
Keep up the great music and come by Austin again on your next tour. I saw you guys the last two times you were in LA and need more of your kind of music in Texas!

To which he replied:

Thanks mate, we'll definitely be doing that.

All the best,
Ronan


That’s cool. Robert Smith never responds to my email.

FYI: I do not have Ronan Harris’ email, I just emailed the info address that is listed on their website. Is it him? Maybe. Maybe not. I do not care.

I am just a happy fanboy.

PS: The Dragon Hunters song, VNV, and Wolfsheim videos are on my Myspace site. Check them out.
________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home