Friday, February 02, 2007

Life Sucks or something like that

February Something, 2007 (is it really?)

I have been thinking about this the past couple of days. I believe I have seen my future and I first saw it a couple of years ago but I did not realize it until now.

I am turning into Lester Burnham, the guy Kevin Spacey played in American Beauty. From the beginning of the movie at least.

Oh well.

As long as Chris Cooper does not buy the house next door, I’ll be fine.

Anyway, my boring, sucky life still has room for the 24 HOUR BAUER POWER HOUR!

DAMMIT!

Why did Jack and his brother get the short genes? Because they were adopted so next season their biological father, Donald Sutherland can still show up. Oh, and Barbaro had to be put down because Jack found out the horse had some valuable Intel and would not just give it up. And Lord Vigo is behind everything, hence that guy that got Karen Hayes to resign. Soon, Jack will be firing orange goop instead of bullets.

“WHO ARE YOU ARE WORKING FOR!? On, and by the way, I love you man…”

The first six hours are done, and usually the show has six hour acts. It looks like the show is a bit different this year and the first act ended when they blew up Magic Mountain. Maybe they are doing them in four hour acts now. Which means something big is going to happen in a couple of weeks and then something bigger on President’s Day when they usually do another two episode show.

In a related genre, I finished up the last season of Alias on DVD. The last season had some truly good episodes and one truly crap one. The crap one is the first episode where they kill off Vaughn (not that it was crap that Vaughn was killed- that episode just sucked overall). Luckily the show does get better (though still nowhere as good as the first two seasons were). The worst part is still the Rimbaldi stuff and the Sloan stuff. 24 has spoiled me in the issue of recurring bad guys when Jack put a bullet in Nina Myers’ head when enough was enough. They should have done the same to Sloan a long time ago. Overall the show is good, but not great- definitely in the realm of b-movie material. The second season is the best and there are really no bad seasons- just seasons with bad episodes and an overall storyline that just dragged. Still, I’d watch the show all over again- just not anytime soon.

It currently looks like July of this year will be good month to be a Fan Boy. First of all there is always the Nerd Prom, also known as the San Diego Comicon. Which always looks cool but I am always reminded, do you want to be in a room full of Comic Book Guys, in the height of summer just to see a guy you can barely see from the back of the auditorium try to sell you his book/movie/whatever? Plus, pay the hundreds of dollars for a three day pass (or even whatever the price is for a one day pass) just to be charged exorbitant amounts for food, souvenirs and the one book/toy/thing you have always wanted but could not fine anywhere else? I will pass for now, although if you want to you can pick up some freebies for me.

But aside from Nerd Prom, there is the Transformers movie (July 4th), which I am still looking forward to, despite what everyone is saying and what I have seen. Big, giant robots are awesome and I still want a Gundam. It will be a stupid movie with things blowing up but as long as it is as fun as a good Godzilla movie is, I will be happy. By the way a god Godzilla movie is any made during the Hensei era, that GMK movie, the Mecha-Godzilla duology and even Final Wars. A bad Godzilla movie was the American one and some of the trippy ones made in the seventies.

Also in July there is the Stardust movie (July 27th), one of my favourite Neil Gaiman books- my signed hard cover is one of my treasured possessions. Not too sure about Matthew Vaughn, though- Layer Cake had its moments but is not as great as it could have been. The visuals I have seen online have not blown me away, but then again- not much could match up to the visuals that Charles Vess originally provided. And Claire Danes is in it, an actress I very much admire despite never really having seen much of My So Called Life.

And then on July 24th, my other favourite author, Warren Ellis comes out with his first full length novel, Crooked Little Vein. I am so looking forward to this and hope that plenty of heads of puny humans get bashed in during the search of the true Constitution.

And three days later the last Harry Potter book comes out. I am still hoping the book ends the same way Neon Genesis Evangelion did, forcing all the young minds that read it to contemplate their lives, go all deviant or go forever into hiding. I did not at all care for Books 5 & 6, but hope that Book 7 kicks much booty.

MORE THINGS TO MAKE YOU SAD:

Kids born in 1987 turn twenty this year. Hell, kids born in 1990 turn seventeen this year.

You, sir, are old.

Oh, so very old.

Remember the first VCR machines that were huge, top loading and had features like the one where you can erase the audio and record other audio on top of that? Kids born twenty years ago do not.

Then there is the reminder that the original Star Wars came out thirty years ago.

Oh, and by the way:

Stop by CD Trader this Saturday & Sunday to receive 10% off all USED CDs (yellow tag). We need to clear some space for some new collections and we will love you oh so much if you can help!

CD Trader is located at 18926 Ventura Blvd in Tarzana, between the Tampa & Reseda exits off the beautiful 101 freeway. Hours Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 11am-7pm.


_______________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/
http://catterpillarboy.livejournal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home