Monday, December 12, 2005

Yet another week begins...say it together now, "AI YAH!"

12/12/2005


Ai Yah, it’s Monday again…

Actually met some real ‘goth/industrial’ people at a Hot Topic of all places (most of the Hot Topic staff to my experience are posers- not that there’s anything wrong with that- I’m pretty much a poser)…but apparently these people run the scene here in Austin. When they said I should check out their site www.darkaustin.com because they run it I was really surprised because it’s one of the first things I checked out when I moved to this burg. But it’s really nice to talk to strangers about things like good places to buy CD’s and bands that no one really knows about…plus it’s enlightening to know that the city still has hope as bands that I like do once in a while do pop in every now and then…just hope that they come here more than once and not get discouraged that the scene here is a bit…small. And stuck in the late 80’s/ early 90’s (again- nothing really wrong with that- just makes things a bit repetitive- that’s all)

It was a bit warmer this weekend (not enough to stop me from bitching and complaining but it did get warmer). If winter is more like this, I can cope. Apparently, last week it didn’t get much higher than freezing most days. Ai yah…

Anyway, actually saw the Ansel Adams exhibit this weekend at the Ransom. Very cool (just wish we didn’t get lost finding it and only having 30 minutes to view 150+ photos). Was surprised to see pictures of people and cityscapes- thought he was just a nature boy (Holly’s the one with a BFA in photo, not me…). His prints are like Geoff Darrow’s artwork- on closer look there’s tons of little detail that you can just examine for hours.

Saw Sky High last week- the Superhero homage, not the Japanese flick that I have yet to see. Decent movie with an 80’s inspired/ripped-off soundtrack. But the highlight for me and the reason I saw it was for the money shots of CSUN’s Oviatt library which served as a major set piece. I used to live across the way from that place. Nice to see home…

Anyway, more later. Today’s playlist:

Metropolis 2005 sampler

Solitary EP-VNV Nation

Nihil- KMFDM

12 inch singles- Ministry

Punk Goes 80’s

Stand Alone Complex OST 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home