Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Have no life...

03/08/2006

What I really what to know is what are people doing at Wal-Mart so freaking early in the morning? I mean, it’s about 5:30am- got to sleep or something! Wait- what was I doing at Wal-Mart at 5:30am? Well, I wanted to stop by early in the morning to pick up some stuff on the way to work. And I didn’t get there till 5:45am! I think…I was half asleep. How should I know? By the way- I start work at 7am (I usually like to be there by 6:30am because just like L.A., one little bump in the road (figuratively and literally) and it’s gridlock…

AI YAH!

Anyway- why was I there? New DVD Tuesday of course! And Hot Sauce…it’s all about the Hot Sauce Baby. I got the three Miyazaki movies (two of which I have on imports, but I wanted the ones with the storyboard versions of the movie, semi-special features and Miyazaki is one of those people who deserve to be rich) and the Star Trek: Borg set.

MINI REVIEWS! (No- I didn’t watch all of them last night…I’ve mostly seen them before)

Howl’s Moving Castle: The best movie of last year
My Neighbour Totoro: Not Miyazaki’s best- but many a person’s favourite of his (me included); a conflict free movie of the idealized rural life, childhood imagination & fears and of course- big fluffy nature spirits.
Whispers of the Heart: If this were live action, it’d be an ‘indie’ flick. Another examination on childhood- here with the added emphasis on one’s ambitions, creative impulses and sweet, sweet, stuff. An animated chick flick with fat cats. Not bad though…too bad the director of this piece died young.
Star Trek: BORG: YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. I’ve seen some of these before…The Best of Both Worlds two parter isn’t about drag queens- but some of the best ST ever come out with. Also includes the concluding episodes of Voyager which I haven’t seen and have wanted to see for a while.
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire: I like the book because it finally throws off the predictable shackles of the school year. Instead of a month by month play with the expected breaks for quidditch and a ‘big bad’, it starts off heavily in the summer with their version of the World Cup and goes into the Tournament. Plus- the tale starts to get darker here…I haven’t seen this movie yet, but anything with dragons can’t be all bad. I didn’t really care for the first two movies; the third one was visually impressive but bland storytelling-wise.


BREAKING NEWS! I just learned that during the Oscars earlier this week that they left out Pat Morita was left out during the montage of people who died…THOSE BASTARDS! Someone’s gonna be waxed off for this…
________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy

http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...yeah...I guess

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home