Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Slappy Halloween!

October 31, 2006

A Happy Halloween to all of the creatures of the night out there.

You know who you are.





















Now that that is out to way- DAMMIT, it is 365 days until the next Halloween. At least there is the Day of the Dead as a decent encore for spooky days.

Fall is officially in the air, Thanksgiving is about three weeks away and the birthday of that zombie the Christians adore is not that far off either (come one, admit it, he is the living dead).

The Austin Record Convention this past weekend was a bust as the pickings were slim and that guy from Hollywood just kept marking up his prices to ridiculous heights. I hope I never see his mug at the convention ever again. At least I was able to find that Mephisto Waltz CD that I lost years back and have not been able to locate again until this weekend. And finally got that last volume of the X-File mythology sets and Manny Coto’s Odyssey 5. Holly and I saw the first John Doggett episode of the X-Files- I have always enjoyed Robert Patrick (the best Terminator out there) and his initial two-parter does seem to reinvigorate the series. More on this later.

And after what seems like forever, this weekend, Holly and I have finally seen the entire La Femme Nikita TV show with a marathon run of the last eight episodes of the truncated fifth season. I gotta say that I was surprised that I ended up liking the show. Surprised because the first season of the show sucked when I first saw it (being made by the same people who make my favourite show, 24, my expectations were a bit high. I will return to watch it again soon to see if I can change my opinion on that season). It definitely blows Alias out of the water (no Rimbaldi type story arc is a definite plus and the soap opera elements of who loves who and odd familial connections are way less WB or telenovella). By the way and I have mentioned this before- Sydney Bristow would never last a day in Section One and would be sent straight to abeyance.

Favourite season of Nikita would be the second one as it totally changed my expectations after seeing the first season. I cannot really point out a favourite episode although the Juliet Landau episode comes to mind as the actress shows she can be more that just Drusilla.

I give La Femme Nikita the TV show a good 4 stars out of 5. A must if you prefer your spies more John Le Carre and less James Bond (speaking of which, I have just got to finish Tinker, Tailor, Sailor, Spy one of these days).


Have I mentioned yet that it is Halloween? I am probably doing nothing but watching Tim Burton’s Vincent and handing out candy. I would love to go out in costume and scare the normal folk, but the normal folk nowadays tend to think it is their day to be all “goth” or whatever and that poserism is what is truly frightening. The next time the holiday falls on a weekend or something, maybe I will show them how it is done.


Damn, the holidays are upon us and pretty soon we will be dead.
________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home