Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Daze

November 07, 2006

Election Day. Go out and vote.

And anyone who says that the Saddam Hussein verdict being announced so close to this Election Day as coincidence is a dirty commie.

Nothing is a coincidence.

And while we are on the topic of Election Day, check out this article at http://www.vcreporter.com/article.php?id=3946&IssueNum=96# about Francisco Romero and Joe Moreno- who is the brother of the scariest and one of the smartest men I know, Big Louie. Some people just talk about changing the world. These two are examples of those who act on changing the world. I know Oxnard is not the world, but when things start on the supposed smaller scale, the eventually snowball to effect the larger scheme of things.

I love the following quote from the article:

“You can be poor, but it doesn’t mean you have to get caught in the conditions of your environment.”

By the way, I never had Nikes either.

Now for some better news. VNV Nation is touring for their new album in Europe from March to April. That is all good for the Europeans and all but the happier news for me is that they have stated that the American Tour starts just a few days after the European one. Which means I will be rocking out with Ronan and Mark come around June of next year.

I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I cannot wait.

Meanwhile from Nury Vitacchi:

Do you know an outstanding journalist who would benefit from a year studying at Stanford? The John S. Knight Fellowships for Professional Journalists may enable him or her to do just that. Each year we bring eight international journalists to join 12 U.S. journalists for a year of study and research. Knight Fellows have full access to classes throughout the university, as well as to a series of discussion forums organized just for them. At the conclusion of their year they return to their countries and news organizations, better prepared for the unique challenges of 21st-century journalism. The deadline for international applications is December 15, 2006.General inquiries about eligibility, etc., can be sent to knight-info@lists.stanford.edu or to me directly at jimb@stanford.edu
best regards, James Bettinger
*
James Bettinger is the director of the knight fellowships, and you can email him directly, or write to him at:
Stanford University
Building 120, Room 428 Stanford, CA 94305-2050
650-725-1189 (office and cell)

WEEKEND VIEWING:

The Simpson’s Halloween Special XVII:
It sucked this year. The show in general is not getting worse, as some have said, but it has been in a stagnant slump for the last ten years or so. My prediction is that the show will finally finish its run or get cancelled not too long after the movie next year.

Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
Cheesy fun. Some have said it perpetuates Asian American stereotypes, and it does to a small extent. Not all of us know kung fu and not all Buddhist monks sound like fortune cookies. But the character of the dad was surprisingly deep in his small number of scenes and the martial arts choreography was amazingly sharp at times with homages to the onscreen fighting styles of Jackie Chan (watch out for them props), Jet Li (the tai chi here and there), Michelle Yeoh (my mom likes them scorpion kicks) and even Neo (jump and kick in mid air). The wire-assisted scenes were awkward here and there but it was done better more times that not (but not by much).

X-Files: Mythology
Almost done with the mythology episodes of season eight. Mulder is back and it feels weird because we are now used to Doggett. But the Mythology stories here feel like the good old ones from the first five seasons and are surprisingly entertaining. Doggett is a better character than once thought although I keep expecting his finger to turn to a metal spike and then stab the person in front of him.



________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/
http://catterpillarboy.livejournal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home