Thursday, February 08, 2007

Still more crap

February Something, 2007

Nice clean car lasted three days before the rain came again.

Oh, well.

It is an odd day in paradise when I am listening to Cantopop. It is actually the companion soundtrack album to Infernal Affairs II although honestly, I do not remember them movies having that many songs but then again, do I really look for Cantopop tunes when I watch movies? The answer is no, by the way. Besides, I cannot understand a word of what they are singing.


And moving on to better music, the new album from VNV Nation, Judgment is up for pre-order and I am so there (it comes out April 10th). I think I will order the new Combichrist album along with it.

For some reason I am reminded of a time a bazillion years ago when I won a handwriting contest. This was in Sunday school and we were supposed to inscribe the Lord’s Prayer or something the best, most beautiful way we can and have the whole thing judged by a visiting bishop. The fact that I won pissed off a kid named Roger who was two years ahead of me and an admitted (and decent) artistic type who when I had left for high school here in the states and when I returned after graduating found he was held back and was now two years behind me. He was not stupid; he just liked high school that much.

So when the bishop picked my handwriting the best, he presented his ring to me to kiss (as is the tradition with bishops) and me not knowing that, I just took his hand and shook it thereby guaranteeing me a lifetime and a half of hell. I still will not kiss a ring on a guy’s hand. That is just plain weird.

And just plain weird is the debate about skinny models being banned. Remember that in many classical paintings, broads had meat on them. I think this is just a fad and in a hundred years or so, it may swing back into healthier proportions. It is okay to be skinny, just do not endanger yourself trying to be a sack of bones. Likewise it is okay to be meaty- just do not gorge yourself when it becomes the fad to be meaty again. What does disturb me though, are the images of the models and they all look like they are eight years old or younger. That is just plain sick. Where are all the MILF-like models?

Oh, and can we quit it about the astronaut who went wacko? I still have respect for people willing to sit on a bomb to voyage into the final frontier.

And another just off the wall query to all of you: ARE THERE ANY OTHER FILIPINOS IN AUSTIN, TEXAS? I am just curious; I am in the mood for some halo-halo.

_______________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/
http://catterpillarboy.livejournal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home