Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CD TRADER

Once upon a time around March 2007

I got this in my emails:

“If you have ever dreamed of owning a successful record store or of being your own boss, here's your chance. CD Trader is currently up for sale and is looking for a new owner that can step in and maintain the same quality and level of service that our customers expect. We have been profitable and growing for 12 consecutive years, and 2007 looks like it will be the best ever. So if you are interested, please call Steve at 818-689-2961. Serious inquiries only”

The CD Trader website is http://www.cdtradertarzana.com/ .

I just want to say that CD Trader (along with Vinyl Fetish) is my favourite record store in the world. Yes, Amoeba has a bigger selection, we can get the tunes for cheaper online and yada, yada, yada. But CD Trader was the one down the street I would go to every weekend, look for great deals on movies and music, talk with the metal head at the counter who listens to more than just metal that it would surprise you how much he knows about Gregorian chants or German industrial music.

Holly and I would pop in every weekend like it was a religion (unless we knew that their famous, quarterly storewide sale was forthcoming).

Definitely on my top ten of things I miss about California, I hope whoever runs the store next keep up the great work they do there.

I know I live in Texas now, but seriously, if anyone wants to partner up with me on this, I would seriously consider it.



Seen again this weekend: The Corruptor

I remember not enjoying this when I first saw it. But then again, at the time I was watching a lot of John Woo stuff of which this is a different beast. This is more crime drama rather than the Brotherhood/chivalry films of Woo. I have come to appreciate this movie more now in this era of Infernal Affairs/Johnnie To films (who I have not talked about yet, but I am planning to watch/rewatch some of his earlier gangland films, so some thoughts are to come soon, maybe). This movie feels like classic HK flicks that were made in the late eighties or early nineties. The Two Gun God that is Chow Yun Fat proves he is more that just a shoot-them-up actor in this flick. Why his Hollywood career never materialized is beyond me. Like many said before, he is the definition of cool.


________________________________________________________________________
http://www.myspace.com/catterpillarboy
http://catterpillarboy.blogspot.com/
http://catterpillarboy.livejournal.com/


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, heh,...thirty seven...

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home